Saturday, December 29, 2007

Happy New Year

Hello Swimming Eagles!

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!

Just a reminder that we will have a practice on Saturday, January 5th. The first session will start at 3:00 and the 2nd session will start at 4:30. This will be a practice meet as we prepare for our first meet the following day on Sunday January 6 at 1:oopm. Also, I understand many thought practices ended when the meets start. Please note that practices will continue each Monday (except when school is closed) through the end of March.

I have e-mailed the line-up for our practice meet and will try to post it to the website.

If you cannot make the meet on Sunday, please let me know as soon as possible so that I can maximize the events for our swimmers.

As a reminder, swimmers are limited to a maximum of 3 events (either 2 individual and 1 relay or 1 individual and 2 relays). Most age groups I will be able to put swimmers into 2-3 events. However, the 10U Girls and Boys are our largest group, so it will be more difficult to do so. If all swimmers attend the meet, there may be 3-4 swimmers that will only participate in one event. I will do my best to rotate this each meet so that all swimmers get to swim in enough events. If available, I will also move some of the 10Us up an age group or 2 so that they can at least participate in more than one event. It is my hope that we fill all three of our lanes at every meet.

If you have any questions on meet rules and requirements, I'll be happy to answer them after practice on the 5th.

Looking forward to seeing you ll again on the 5th, and again on the 6th.

Wishing you health and happiness in 2008!

Coach Carroll (Kevin)

No comments: